How to Invite the Powow Agent to your Meetings
Ways to invite Powow
Inviting the Powow Agent is the first step to tapping into the full value from your meetings. By inviting the Powow Agent to your meetings, Powow will record, transcribe, and analyze the conversation enhancing productivity for you and your team. Powow can join any meeting that has a dial-in number (e.g. conference line, cellphone) or is hosted on Microsoft Teams. Integrations with other teleconference providers without dial-in numbers will be coming soon.
- Via a calendar invite - this is the easier and preferred method for inviting the Powow Agent
- Through the Invite to Meeting form in the Powow web app
There are two ways to invite Powow to a meeting:
Any Powow user can create a meeting and invite the Powow Agent. Once a meeting invite is sent, it will be displayed in the Powow web app calendar as well, syncing automatically. Until you have the meeting, the invite will be displayed as a white cell.
If your organization has more than one Workgroup, a scheduled meeting will appear in the Home Workgroup of the meeting organizer. Invite to Meeting form allows you to choose Workgroup while setting up your call.
Inviting the Powow Agent with a calendar invite
The easiest way to start a meeting with Powow is by inviting the Agent like you would invite any other participant in your normal calendar. After sending the invite, the Powow Agent will join your meeting as a participant at the scheduled time.
If you use Zoom, Cisco WebEx, or Google Meet, follow instructions here.
If you use Microsoft Teams, connect Powow without a dial-in. You can find instructions here. You can also continue with the dial-in option if preferred.
For all other dial-ins, click here for instructions.
Regardless of your dial-in, please make sure to follow the Powow Invite Checklist.
Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, and Google Meet
Powow has custom integrations for MS Teams, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, and Google Meet. With all of these conference call providers, make sure your meeting invite has a dial-in number. Note, this generally is available in paid plans only.
- Create a new meeting in your calendar using one of the above conference call providers, ensuring there is dial-in capabilities in the description of the invite
- Join your meeting at the scheduled time - you will see a participant with a 209 area-code, this is the Powow agent!
Other dial-in numbers
If you don’t use the above teleconference applications, have no fear! The Powow Agent can attend any meeting with a dial-in. Your meeting will automatically sync with Powow Calendar once the invite is sent.
- Add Agent Smith to your participants list in your calendar invite:
In the description field of the invite, add the following text exactly as outlined below with your dial-in
Powow invite:The Powow Agent won't accept an invitation if either of the keywords "Powow invite:" or "dial:" are excluded. The “pin:” keyword is optional. All lines should be separated with a new-line character.
dial:your dial-in number
pin:your pin number (optional)
- Send invitation emails to invite participants and Powow will join on time!
Inviting Powow Agent from the web app
If you didn’t invite the Powow Agent when scheduling the meeting, the Agent can still attend!
The Invite to Meeting form in the web app allows users to add the Powow Agent to an in progress or scheduled meeting. This can be useful if you forgot to invite the Agent, you want to delay when the Agent joins the meeting, or if you aren’t the original meeting owner but still want to include Powow.
- Start a meeting with your conference application or find a scheduled invite
- Find the required dial-in details (depending on the application you use, this could be: phone number, password, meeting or conference ID)
- Open the Powow Webapp and go to the Invite to Meeting key on the upper toolbar
- Choose the application you are using from the proposed options or choose Other if your application is not listed. Once application is selected, the meeting details form will pop up. If the selected application is not the one you need, come back to the options by clicking Change Application
- In the meeting details window, fill in the required fields:
Follow these steps to invite Powow to your meeting:
- Meeting title: This field is optional, you can edit the title in the meeting properties
- Join Now or Schedule: By default, Join Now option is selected. You can also schedule the Agent to call into a meeting. Click the option and choose the date and time from the Start Time field
- Phone: Paste the dial-in number for your meeting. The number may contain “+”, “-”, or spaces. If your meeting is on MS Teams and there is no dial-in provided, click here to learn how to invite Powow with just a URL
- Passcodes: Fill in the rest of the fields with required information such as meeting IDs and passwords. Fill out each option that your meeting provides, otherwise Powow can not enter the call!
- Select the Workgroup you would like your meeting to submit to
Example for Zoom Meeting:
In Zoom meeting, copy any line with phone number from "one-tap mobile" section, e.g.:
+13017158592,,4518779345#,,,,,,0#,,12334567# US (Washington D.C)
then put in phone number section part with phone number:
+1 301 715 8592
Number in the middle will stand for Meeting ID:
451 877 9345
The rest insert to passcode:
Create an offline meeting
To invite Powow to a meeting, we recommend that you invite Powow to one of the teleconference tools. However, if you don't have any convenient application available, you can conduct an offline call with Powow. Please be advised that personal mobile phones on “speaker mode” will result in reduced recording quality leading to reduced transcription quality.
If dialing Powow in for an offline meeting, we highly recommend that the other end of the dialed number is a teleconference phone or that the participants are connected to the answering phone with personal (eg, lapel) microphones.
If you chose this method to invite Powow, find the Invite to Meeting key on the upper toolbar
The key will open the window with a list of conference applications, select Other from the proposed options and follow the next steps:
- In the pop up window choose Join Now option or choose schedule option (calendar icon) and click the Start Time field to set up date and time of call
- Enter the phone number you want Powow to dial, including international country codes as needed
- Enter pin (optional)
- Choose the Workgroup you need a meeting to be submitted to
- Click Submit and wait for Powow to dial in (should receive call within a minute if Join Now is selected)
Powow invite сhecklist
To make sure the Powow Agent attends your meeting on-time, double check each of these items below in your meeting invite:
- If you are not using the MS Teams direct connection, there must be a dial-in number in the description of the meeting invite.
- Verify the meeting is sent by logging into the Powow web app. If invited correctly, the meeting will appear in white on your calendar view.
- When it’s time to start the meeting, start on time, Powow will dial-in on schedule. Do not forget to admit Powow if you are using a Waiting Room feature