Use Powow Zoom integration to recall your Zoom meetings easily, focus on crucial meeting insights, and add notes to meetings to create dialogue. Quickly review daily meetings to focus on critical points using the sentiment and drill-down to gain context.
For most conference apps, the Powow agent has to join the call, record the meeting and then process it in the webapp. But with Zoom integration no need to spend time on the standard inviting procedure of the Powow agent to all the calls. You can submit meetings from recorded audio data in your Zoom Cloud reflected in the Powow webapp. This integration allows you to effortlessly automate the process of meeting submission or choose meetings to submit yourself. These options are available in integration settings.
Unlock the value of your completed zoom recordings, which allows analyzing old but important meetings through Powow. As this integration works with all audio records from Zoom Cloud, you can submit your past meetings too!
- Non-free Zoom Account (You need a personal PRO Zoom plan and above since Zoom only provides cloud for paid accounts).
- A Powow Account.
- (Recommended) Pre-approval of the Powow app in the Zoom Marketplace. Note: If the app is not pre-approved, please contact your Zoom admin.
Connect Zoom to Powow
Activating Zoom Integration takes only a few minutes. Zoom integration is personalized for each Powow user account, and is located in your Profile Settings. Follow the steps below to start accessing Zoom Cloud records in your Powow account:
- Login to your Powow Account and go to Manage Profile
- Choose the Integrations tab
- Find Zoom Integration and click to proceed to settings
- In settings, you will see the integration status. If you didn’t activate the Integration previously, the status will be Not Connected
- Click the Connect key
- You will be redirected to the Zoom authorization window. Enter your Zoom login credentials and click Sign In
- For the next step, Zoom will ask you to authorize access for Powow to your Zoom account data. Please, read through and click Authorize to proceed
- That’s it! After confirmation, you will be returned to Zoom Integration settings in the Powow webapp. All the meetings recorded in your Zoom Cloud will be displayed in settings
If you meet any difficulties during the connection process, please, read the troubleshooting tips below.
How to use Zoom integration
No need to spend time inviting the Powow agent to your meetings; meetings can be submitted from recorded audio that is stored in your Zoom Cloud and mirrors in the Powow webapp. With audio records, Powow also gets the list of attendees of your meeting, and if they happen to be Powow users, they will automatically get access to the submitted meeting.
Using Zoom in Powow takes no effort. Automate the process of meeting submission or control the process by choosing which meetings to submit yourself. Both options are available in settings.
Follow the steps below to convert manually your cloud records to analyzed meetings:
- Login to your Powow Account and navigate to Manage Profile
- Choose the Integrations tab
- Click Zoom to proceed to settings
- Choose the audio record from the list and click Submit (turquoise key next to every record)
- That’s it! It will take some time for Powow to transcribe and analyze your meeting. Check out Powow notification center for updates.
With auto-submit, you don’t have to come back to Zoom settings every time you record a new meeting. Once the auto-submit is enabled, all the further meetings will submit to Powow automatically.
- Login to your Powow Account and proceed to Manage profile
- Choose the Integrations Tab
- Find Zoom integration and open it to see settings
- In settings, find the Auto-Submit toggle
- Enable the auto-submit by switching on the toggle
Note: once the auto-submit is enabled, all the new meetings will be submitted to the webapp without your control. This means that all the meeting attendees who are also Powow users will get view access to the submitted meetings (if they are members of the workgroup your meetings are submitted to). If you wish to control the process, disable the auto-submit and approve meetings manually.
Once the meeting is submitted to the webapp, it will appear in the Powow calendar and you will get the status of the meeting Owner. Meeting attendees in Zoom that are also the Powow users will be able to view the meeting in their calendars too if they are the members of the Workgroup the meeting is submitted to.
As the meeting owner, you will be able to archive and delete meetings at any time for your concern. Note that deleting the meeting from Powow calendar will not delete the audio record of the meeting from Zoom cloud.
You can also access the submitted meeting from the list in Zoom integration settings. Once the meeting is submitted, the meeting title becomes a link to the meeting. Also, you will see the status change from turquoise “Submit” to grey “Submitted” as shown on the screenshot below.
If you wish to no longer sync Zoom records with Powow, you can disconnect it any time. After disconnecting, all the records in the list shown before will disappear, though the submitted meetings will remain in the Powow webapp unless you archive them.
You can also revert the status back to connected by completing the steps above one more time.
There are two ways to disconnect Powow and Zoom:
Option 1 - To disconnect Zoom from the Powow webapp
- Login to your Powow Account and click Manage Profile
- Go to the Integrations tab and choose Zoom
- Click to dive into Zoom Integration Settings
- Check if integration has a status Connected
- Click Disconnect (red key)
- Confirm your action in a pop-up window
Option 2 - Uninstall Powow app in Zoom
- Login to your Zoom Account and proceed to Zoom App Marketplace
- Search for the Powow app. Or use this link to find it
- Click Powow app to open
- In the Manage tab find the key Uninstall and click it to proceed
Tips for successful integration
If anything went wrong, these are tips for handling the issues.
- This integration gives Powow access to your recorded meetings in Zoom cloud. Please, make sure to switch on the recording during the conference.
- Make sure you accept permission for Powow to access Zoom data. If you Decline permissions, webapp won’t be able to submit your audio records. To accept click Authorize during connection.
- The user should not close the browser tab before the connection process is finished. If this happens, we recommend running the process one more time from the beginning.
- If after the meeting you can’t find records in Powow, probably the meeting wasn't recorded, or the user has no permissions to the recording on the Zoom side. Please, check if the record is on during the meeting in Zoom. Make sure you record your Zoom meeting using the same account as associated with Powow Zoom Integration.
- In Powow, you will see only recordings organized by you (you are the host).
- If you can’t find the auto-submit toggle, probably your integration is disconnected. Check the status and connect Zoom to Powow to be able to submit your meetings.